Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Knights, Saints, and Zebras. But alas, no stormtroopers...

 Jenny's style...her helmet, a necklace she improvised from a broken light-pull, and a dress up skirt.
She is so glamorous.

Jenny and Grandma :)

Jenny dressed as her namesake, St Jehanne D'Arc. She is very excited about it "I'm TUNA DARK!!!" "EN I fight duh INGWUSH!!"


Isaiah as St. George, with the spear with which he "speared duh dragon through duh mouf"




Alas, no clear pictures of her pennant. I really just printed out the image from here and taped it to a dowel.



 According to the internet, this is the coat of arms that King Charles gave her, featuring St. Catherine's sword. Josh and I painted it.



After Halloween, we got up very early in the hope of spotting Stormtroopers (the Phoenix 501st) at the MS walk at the zoo.

Alas, we missed the Stormtroopers. But there were zebras. And lions. And elephants. But no stormtroopers :(


 Jenny was even R2D2 that day (its a bit small on her, her old costume from last halloween)




Isaiah pointing out the zebras.











See the elephant in the background? Isaiah was more interested in a pit that the maintenance had dug near some electrical stuff. "ITS A CAVE" he said. I had to keep him from climbing down into it.

Isaiah having fun with chalk. He makes me draw stormtroopers. "DRAW DADDY BLUE STORMTROOPER" etc etc etc. The pavement is clogged with Princess Leia, R2D2, Stormtroopers, Luke, Stormtroopers, and everyone's favorite "DARK VADER" as Jenny says...









Isaiah has been building these. When I asked what they were, he said they were BIG Red Iron Man. BIG Captain America, and BIG GREEN HULK (with purple pants).
This explains why he said my attempt at hopscotch was Captain America.

 My attempt at interior decorating.


My attempt at an elven crown from cheap galvanized utility wire and seed beads. It's for Jenny. Maybe she'll be Arwen next year....

No comments:

Post a Comment