Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Welcome :)


I always loved Rivendell. I loved the stars and the lanterns and the elves singing songs by the fire into the night. It reminded me of family camping trips, only better.
I like to sew and make things. I have been making myself medieval/LotR things since I was a kid, from sticks with their epic sword names written on the 'hilts' and simple capes, to dresses and stories and jewelry. I spent a lot of time researching like-minded people on the internet. Then I got depressed about it all.
 There are so many of us, that loving something so beautiful and wonder-filled and real and big, end up in a costume with silicone ear extensions and a photoshopped backdrop that crops the highway out of the forest scene. But I want more than that. I want the real thing. I want Rivendell, the heart of Rivendell, what made me love it in the first place, not just the trappings.

This blog is about my attempts at making the heart of Rivendell now, in modern day America.

No comments:

Post a Comment